xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From Edwin Goei <edwi...@sun.com>
Subject Re: CatalogResolver with crimson
Date Sat, 20 Jul 2002 12:23:21 GMT
Harald Hett wrote:
> Shane Curcuru/CAM/Lotus wrote:
>
>> Did you try any other variations on the exact URL for the file?  I
>> think to
>> be a legal absolute file: URL you need at least two slashes separating
>> the
>> scheme file:// from the path portion (or three, I always forget).
>>
>> - Shane
>>
> Meanwhile I skimmed the sources of crimson and spotted the problem: The
> Implementation of SAXParser  method parse(InputSource, DefaultHandler)
> calls setEntityResolver() with the DefaultHandler as argument (line
> 389). Thus the previous set CatalogResolver is overridden.

I just saw your message, sorry for the late reply.  I assume you mean
javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.  I would recommend using JAXP javax classes
to *instantiate* a SAXParser and then getting the SAX XMLReader object
from the SAXParser.  Then use the SAX API portion of JAXP directly so
you would avoid using the SAXParser.parse() methods.

See http://xml.apache.org/~edwingo/jaxp-faq.html#appStart for more info.

-Edwin