xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From Norman Walsh <...@nwalsh.com>
Subject Re: CatalogResolver with crimson
Date Tue, 14 May 2002 14:07:15 GMT
/ Harald Hett <h.hett@gis-systemhaus.de> was heard to say:
[...]
| But all I get is a fatal error:
|
| setting CatalogResolver
| Parse catalog: http://jet.ibfs.de/dtd/catalog.xml
| Default BASE: http://jet.ibfs.de/dtd/catalog.xml
| system: metamodel.dtd
|         http://jet.ibfs.de/dtd/openframe/metamodel/metamodel.dtd
| SYSTEM: metamodel.dtd
|         http://jet.ibfs.de/dtd/openframe/metamodel/metamodel.dtd

It's a bug in SAX (IMnsHO) that you can't do this. The problem is that
the system identifier is always made absolute before it's passed to
the resolver.

| system: urn:gis-xml:metamodel.dtd
|         http://jet.ibfs.de/dtd/openframe/metamodel/metamodel.dtd
| SYSTEM: urn:gis-xml:metamodel.dtd
|         http://jet.ibfs.de/dtd/openframe/metamodel/metamodel.dtd
| public: -//GIS//DTD XML MetaModel V1.0//EN
|         http://jet.ibfs.de/dtd/openframe/metamodel/metamodel.dtd
| PUBLIC: -//GIS//DTD XML MetaModel V1.0//EN
|         http://jet.ibfs.de/dtd/openframe/metamodel/metamodel.dtd
| parser class is org.apache.crimson.jaxp.SAXParserImpl
| entity resolver class is org.apache.xml.resolver.tools.CatalogResolver
| FATAL:3:-1:External entity not found: "file:/c:/temp/metamodel.dtd".

What's more interesting is why this doesn't match on the public identifier.

Can you set the debug value (Debug.setDebug()) to something high (like 10)
and send another trace. I'd like to see what comparisons are attempted by
the resolver.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM   | And gentlemen in England now a-bed / Shall
XML Standards Engineer | think themselves accursed they were not here,