xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <shane_curc...@yahoo.com>
Subject [ANN] xml-commons-1.0.b2 'preview2' release posted
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2002 20:07:39 GMT
I'm happy to announce the second 'preview' release of the xml-commons
project.  Updates since our first 1.0.b1 preview release include:

- NEW! Norman Walsh's entity resolver utility, recently donated to the
xml-commons project.  Docs are in the distro, not yet on the website.

- Licensing: separate README.* and LICENSE.* files are now checked in
for each of the types of source code in the project (SAX files, DOM
files, and all other Apache files).  These licenses are now included in
both the xml-apis.jar and xml-apis-1.0.b2-src.tar.gz files that are
available for use in other subprojects (note name change on the -src
file) so that anyone who includes them automatically gets the licenses.

- Several very minor javadoc updates.

Website: http://xml.apache.org/commons/
Downloads: (with associated .sig files)
  http://xml.apache.org/commons/dist/xml-commons-1.0.b2.zip
  http://xml.apache.org/commons/dist/xml-commons-1.0.b2.tar.gz
  tagged: xml-commons-1_0_b2
Comment on xml-commons at mailto:commons-dev@xml.apache.org

This exports from this release will be used in the upcoming Xalan-J 2.3
build, and other Apache subprojects are welcome to checkin xml-apis.jar
to replace any SAX/DOM/JAXP jars they have if it will make license
issues easier.  Note we're still looking for volunteers to help put up
a real XML-based website for commons...

 - Shane
curcuru@apache.org   shane_curcuru@yahoo.com

=====