xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <shane_curc...@yahoo.com>
Subject RESEND: Code/jar licensing issues resolution for xml-commons project
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2002 16:40:16 GMT
(sorry, my webmail sent this before completing the last couple of
paragraphs)

Here's a report on the licensing status of files in the xml-commons
project repository currently.  If anyone has any questions about this
topic, please raise them now; this is also notice for the pmc@xml of
what the xml-commons project has done to ensure clear license for all
our files.

Jar or other executable files: none checked in to our repository.

Source files: given the nature of the xml-commons project, the various
sources within the project are licensed in several different ways.  In
particular, the DOM and SAX sources are non-ASF code under what I
believe to be ASF-friendly licenses.
This is clearly explained in a number of files in our repository,
including:

xml-commons/README.html
xml-commons/README.txt
xml-commons/LICENSE.txt
xml-commons/java/external/README.dom.txt
xml-commons/java/external/LICENSE.dom-software.txt
xml-commons/java/external/LICENSE.dom-documentation.txt
xml-commons/java/external/README.sax.txt
xml-commons/java/external/LICENSE.sax.txt

Each of these files is in an obvious place in the repository and will
be in any future distributions, and the top-level README.txt links
specifically to the other licenses.

All other code in the xml-commons repository is ASF code from a variety
of different contributors, including the xml-commons/java/src
tree as well as the xml-commons/java/external/src/javax/ tree as noted
by Edwin below:

---- you Edwin Goei <edwingo@sun.com> wrote ----
> The javax.xml.* classes in xml-commons are under the Apache license
> already as stated in each source file.
>
> -Edwin

- Shane
<.sig   aka="mailto:curcuru@apache.org"
 disclaimer="Dammit Jim, I'm not a lawyer, I'm a committer!" />