xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: updgrading the commons website
Date Sun, 10 Feb 2002 06:30:28 GMT
Shane_Curcuru wrote:
> Wow! Someone on commons-dev besides me! Welcome.
>
> ---- <crossley@indexgeo.com.au> ----
> > I do have a couple of changes to make to README.html
>
> Did I miss something?  8-)

No. I just found a few things that were confusing and i was
going to try to tidy them up. Also, i saw this as a test of my
first commit to xml-commons. By virtue of being a committer
for xml-cocoon2 i am also a committer for xml-commons.

> > However, can you please explain how the changes will
> > get onto the website after i have done the cvs commit.
>
> Um, it doesn't, unless you do it yourself.  For the time being, I simply
> manually copy it to /www/xml.apache.org/commons on daedalus; oh, and I
> change the name to index.html.

OK. However, i still cannot see how to do this. I can ssh2
to cvs.apache.org = icarus, but i cannot see how to upload
it to daedalus. Perhaps you could tell me privately, Shane.

> I'm not going to bother to check it in to
> xml-site or automate it any more than this until xml-forrest takes over.
> (for design I simply copied one of the forrest example pages and used the
> CSS guts of that).
>
> - Shane

Good idea, keep it simple.
--David