xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject updgrading the commons website (was: [ANN] xml-commons-1.0.b2 'preview2' release posted)
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2002 08:56:33 GMT
Shane Curcuru wrote:
> I'm happy to announce the second 'preview' release of the xml-commons
> project.  Updates since our first 1.0.b1 preview release include:
<snip/>

Excellent work on your part Shane for getting the project to
first base. Thanks.

> Website: http://xml.apache.org/commons/
<snip/>
> Note we're still looking for volunteers to help put up
> a real XML-based website for commons...

I wonder if we should hold on for a little bit until xml-forrest
gets happening. I gather that it will greatly simplify the
website production. That project is literally only hours old,
but it looks like what we need.
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-forrest/README

The current "commons" page is looking pretty good as a
placeholder. I love the simple layout and fast-rendering.

I do have a couple of changes to make to README.html
However, can you please explain how the changes will
get onto the website after i have done the cvs commit.

--David Crossley