xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From shane_curc...@us.ibm.com
Subject Re: Xerces 2.0.0 beta 4 causes Xalan to glitch
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2002 14:55:04 GMT
For the purposes of the upcoming Xalan build, I plan to:
- Make a 1.0D01 release of xml-commons with an xml-apis.jar exported
- check that .jar into xml-xalan/java/bin
- change the xml-xalan/java/build.bat/.sh to put xml-apis.jar on the
classpath before calling Ant.

This way, the Xalan build will work with either Xerces 1.x or 2.x
packaging.  Xalan plans to use the full xml-commons produced xml-apis.jar,
not the xmlParserAPIs.jar that Xerces produces.  Getting them merged is a
longer term cross-product issue.

- Shane
 My understanding is Ant dynamically loads
 (hardcoded in Ant) which is not available with xercesImpl.jar. So one
 either need to set xmlParserAPIs.jar or xml-apis.jar in PARSER_JAR
which solves
 the problem.

View raw message