xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby" <ru...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: why is spam coming to commons-dev list
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2001 07:41:23 GMT
Brian Behlendorf wrote:

>> I agree, the list should be configured to require non-subscribers
e-mails
>> to be moderated.  Volunteers, anyone?
>
>Fixed.  However, there was no moderator configured for this list (cardinal
>sin!), so moderation bounces wouldn't have gone anywhere, so I assigned it
>to Sam Ruby.  Sam, or someone, let me know if this should be different.

Changed to Shane.

Shane - the responsibilities are pretty light and easy.  When e-mail comes
from non-subscribers, it will first go to you, along with a description of
how to deal with it.  If the e-mail has any relevance at all, let it
through.  Otherwise, dispose of it.  Generally you will only see a few
e-mails a week, if that.

- Sam Ruby