xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From <cost...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: Commons copies of DOM/JAXP/SAX checked into Xalan
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2001 20:37:42 GMT
On Thu, 11 Oct 2001, Edwin Goei wrote:

> costinm@covalent.net wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 10 Oct 2001 Shane_Curcuru@lotus.com wrote:
> >
> > > Tomorrow I'll diff these with the previous xalan copies (which I tagged
> > > 'before-commons') to make sure there weren't any bugfixes that we had
> > > applied to our copies but that didn't make it into the commons area.
> >
> > The only significant difference should be in the workaround for jdk1.1
> > compat ( i.e. 2 different aproaches were used ).
>
> I believe the xml-commons version runs in both JDK 1.1 and Java 2.  BTW,
> I don't usually read xalan-dev but I'm interested in this thread.  I'd
> appreciated it if I am cc-ed.

Both work on JDK1.1 and Java2, but the impl is slightly different ( Shane
mentioned he'll do a diff - that wouldn't help ). The behavior is
the same.

BTW, I noticed crimson 1.1.3 includes now 1/2 of jaxp in crimson.jar ( and
xalan is including the other 1/2 ). Previously we had the full jaxp in a
jar.

I remember we had a discussion about this long time ago, but don't know
what was the result - one proposal was to have all 'common' files in a
single jar, and not duplicate sax,dom,jaxp in all projects. The current
aproach is also good ( have sax,dom,1/2jaxp in parser, 1/2jaxp in
transformer ).

Costin