xml-commons-dev mailing list archives

From Shane_Curc...@lotus.com
Subject Commons copies of DOM/JAXP/SAX checked into Xalan
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2001 21:35:56 GMT
For those who pay attention to this stuff: I've bulk-checkedin the copies
of DOM, SAX, and JAXP standards files from the xml-commons repository into
the xml-xalan repository.  While the long term plan is to always pull these
standards-based files from the xml-commons repository, we haven't quite
taken that step.  Also, while the current build script attempts to use the
files in xml-commons directly when compiling, it didn't use them for
building javadoc, and some of that was outdated.

Tomorrow I'll diff these with the previous xalan copies (which I tagged
'before-commons') to make sure there weren't any bugfixes that we had
applied to our copies but that didn't make it into the commons area.

Also note, these files aren't technically under our control - they each are
files that are defined by external standards groups.  So if we want to make
fixes to them (I'm thinking of Bugzilla#2291 especially here) then we
really need to also take these issues up with the external standards groups
that define them.

- Shane