xerces-p-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Witney <awit...@sghms.ac.uk>
Subject Re: [ANN]: XML-Xerces-2.3.0-3 available
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2003 10:57:29 GMT

Hi Jason,

Unfortunately it won't compile on my OSX 10.2.8 machine...

cc -c -I. -IHandler -I/usr/local/install/xerces-c-src_2_3_0/include
-D_REENTRANT -Os     -DVERSION=\"2.3.0-3\" -DXS_VERSION=\"2.3.0-3\"
-I/sw/lib/perl5/5.6.0/darwin/CORE  Xerces.cpp
Xerces.cpp: In function `void SWIG_MakePtr(SV*, void*, swig_type_info*,
int)':
Xerces.cpp:499: `PERL_MAGIC_tied' undeclared (first use this function)
Xerces.cpp:499: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each
   function it appears in.)
make: *** [Xerces.o] Error 1

Thanks

adam

> Hey All,
>
> In a coding frenzy today I tackled a number of outstanding issues with
> XML-Xerces, and am cutting a new bug fix release. It's available from:
>
> http://www.apache.org/dist/xml/xerces-p/
>
> For those of you who have been helping test this on new platforms,
> please do test this on your platforms, and let me know if I have
> properly incorporated support for your platform (especially OS X and
> Windows).
>
> Enjoy!
> jas.
> --
>
> From the Changes file:
> 2.3.0-3 Sun Nov  2 12:03:30 IST 2003
> - second bugfix release of 2.3.0 series.
> - fixed output of all XMLUni::* constants (thanks to Christian
>         Orsatti for pointing this out)
> - added LocalFileFormatTarget (thanks to Christian
>         Orsatti for pointing this out)
> - added hints/darwin.pl (thanks to Adam Whitney for helping
>         with this)
> - added cygwin fix for Xerces-C libname (thanks to Stephen
>         Long for helping with this)
> - added fixes for Win32 (thanks to Martin Raspe for helping
>         with this)

believed to be clean.