xerces-p-dev mailing list archives

From "Steven N. Hirsch" <hirs...@btv.ibm.com>
Subject Re: xerces-P: CVS, Release process and oversight
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2003 15:33:05 GMT
On Wed, 29 Oct 2003, Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:

> ->	Release Process and Peer review
>
> 		At the very least there should be something
> 		of a peer review and a +1 vote to ensure
> 		that all code which goes into CVS is reviewed
> 		by your peers - and that there is some
> 		sort of a trail of this.
>
> In short - check out http://xml.apache.org/guidelines.html (Communication
> and Decision Making) and the mission statement. The later also has some
> very useful suggestions about posting links to CVS, bugtraqing, release
> schedules and so on.
>
> I realize that some of this may not seem to be befitting a a code base
> which is this small -and essentially manageable by a single person. But
> ultimately it is our aim to ensure that projects are healthy beyond the
> lives of even a single developer. And the key asset of the ASF is to
> preserve that element of community and peer review.

Perhaps during this process, we can get someone from the Xerces-C team or
IBM Compiler development group to figure out why exception handling has
never passed regression in any XML-Xerces build for AIX.  I have made
several attempts at debugging it, but the older xldb debugger is useless
on C++ code and idebug is unable to successfully load Perl + XML-Xerces
without self-destructing.

None of this has stopped me from actually _using_ it on AIX, but it would
be nice if all the regression tests passed.

Steve

p.s. - IBM does not pay me to speak for the company.  Opinions expressed
       herein are mine-all-mine.

Steven N. Hirsch       tie-line: 446-6557     ext: 802-769-6557

Staff Engineer                     Methodology Integration Team
ASIC Product Development           IBM Microelectronics