xerces-p-dev mailing list archives

From "Steven N. Hirsch" <hirs...@btv.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Building Xercesperl on Tru64 5.1a
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2003 14:00:18 GMT
On Tue, 28 Oct 2003, Christian Orsatti wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I try and failed building Xerces.pm on Tru64
> I had a lot of problems that I solve.
> Mainly, it wanted to use cxx (compaq) compiler instead of g++/gcc (I
> build Xerces C++ with gcc 3.0.2)
> But I succed compiling with gcc.
> My problem is now that my library Xerces.so is not correct.
>
> When I type "make test", I have the following message.
> Can't find 'boot_XML__Xerces' symbol in
> /0/orsatti/XML-Xerces-2.3.0-2/blib/arch/auto/XML/Xerces/Xerces.so
>
> So I made nm on the lib and I saw that this symbol was missing. But in
> fact quite all symbols are missing. The lib is very small.
>
> I checked the static libs used to build Xerces.so (tmp.a
> blib/arch/auto/Handler/Handler.a).
> In tmp.a I found the missing symbol. This lib seems to be correct.

What is 'tmp.a'?  I have not seen that file created in any build of
XML-Xerces.  I'm guessing this to be an issue with how MakeMaker is trying
to build a perl shared object from C++ sources.

> So my problem seens to be to create the dynamic lib from the statics ones
> I use,  but this is not correct:
> gcc  -o blib/arch/auto/XML/Xerces/Xerces.so  -fPIC  -Wl,-all,-lgcc,-none
> -shared  -expect_unresolved -std  -L/usr/local/lib -all tmp.a
> blib/arch/auto/Handler/Handler.a  -lpthread -L/usr/packages/lib -lxerces-c
>
> I try there a lot of different options but none works.
>
> Any one has any idea ?

Steve

Steven N. Hirsch       tie-line: 446-6557     ext: 802-769-6557

Staff Engineer                     Methodology Integration Team
ASIC Product Development           IBM Microelectronics