xerces-p-dev mailing list archives

From ja...@openinformatics.com (Jason E. Stewart)
Subject Re: Xerces-Perl make test gives errors
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2003 10:28:11 GMT
Paul Warner <paulwwarner@yahoo.com> writes:

> Just my two cents on make and make test errors in Linux.  I use
> Redhat 8 and 9, and these errors have appeared there - don't know
> about other Linux's.

Yes, I develop on debian, and so I miss a lot of these problems. My
usual advice is for users to switch to debian, but, well, that doesn't
always work.

> First, Redhat has unicode, and some c code needs to use LANG=c, not
> unicode.  You have to set the LANG environment variable for make
> (and maybe in some cases make test) to work.  I have gotten errors
> where it reads a character in a funny way, similar to what you are
> reporting.

This is correct, for all tests to work the LANG var should be set. I
use en_US for my encoding. However, this will simply affect tests
passing or not passing. It will not affect dynamic loading issues and
undefined symbol issues like those reported here.

Thanks for the advice,
jas.