xerces-p-dev mailing list archives

From ja...@openinformatics.com (Jason E. Stewart)
Subject Re: Similar make test error
Date Sun, 12 Oct 2003 05:35:35 GMT
Steve Mathias <smathias@unm.edu> writes:

> Yes, all the xerces-c sample programs run fine.

Great, thanks.

> Jason> If so then please grep the library symbols using the commands I
> Jason> sent to Kai, and lets see what's happenging there.
>
> Here's what I get:
>
> # nm -C /usr/local/xerces-c-src_2_3_0/lib/libxerces-c.so | grep -i isanyslash

Whoa!! Check your symbolic links. Here's what mine are:

lrwxrwxrwx    1 jasons   jasons         60 2003-06-06 03:56 libxerces-c.so -> /home/jasons/build/xerces-c-src_2_3_0//lib/libxerces-c.so.23
lrwxrwxrwx    1 jasons   jasons         62 2003-06-06 03:56 libxerces-c.so.23 -> /home/jasons/build/xerces-c-src_2_3_0//lib/libxerces-c.so.23.0
-rwxr-xr-x    1 jasons   jasons   18161188 2003-06-06 03:56 libxerces-c.so.23.0

The real library is libxerces-c.so.23.0, try running 'nm -C' on it
instead. If that *still* shows no result, then I'm royally confused,
because there's no conditional code around the isAnySlash() method.

> How can I fix this?

One of the ways is for me to simply tell SWIG to *not* provide this
method - after all it's completely useless to Perl - it's only used by
the underlying C++ layer. My standard policy is to only expose C++ API
methods if they're useful to Perl programmers. I can release 2.3.0-2
that will fix this, but I'm concerned that there is a deeper problem
going on.

Do this:

in Xerces.pm, comment out the isAnySlash definition (line 477):

   *isAnySlash = *XML::Xercesc::XMLPlatformUtils_isAnySlash;

in Xerces.C,

  - comment out the _wrap_XMLPlatformUtils_isAnySlash code (from
    line 2997 to line 3031)
  - comment out the _wrap_XMLPlatformUtils_isAnySlash definition (line
    53393)

You can also delete them if you want. I've done this and it compiles
and runs for me. Let me know if this fixes your problem. If so, I'll
release a new version.

> Jason> PS. It's funny that your from UNM. Up until three months ago I
> Jason> lived at San Pedro and Zuni in sunny ABQ - but then I moved to
> Jason> India!
>
> Yeah, I knew you had moved, but didn't realize how far!

Yes, I was never really able to make a connection at UNM - I was
hoping to be helpful to folks out there with MGED/MAGE and Genex, but
it never materialized. Then I got an opportunity to do bioinformatics
development out here in Bangalore, so I took the kids on an adventure!

Cheers,
jas.