xerces-p-dev mailing list archives

From ja...@openinformatics.com (Jason E. Stewart)
Subject Re: Similar make test error
Date Sun, 12 Oct 2003 19:04:54 GMT
Steve Mathias <smathias@unm.edu> writes:

> ...so, not surprisingly, there's still no symbol definition:
>
> # nm -C /usr/local/xerces-c-src_2_3_0/lib/libxerces-c.so.23.0 | grep -i isanyslash

very strange... The only thing that I can think of is that it is a
gcc-2.96 issue...

> That solves the problem.  The module loads and the vast majority of the
> tests pass.

Good. I'll release a new version with this fix ASAP. Thanks.

> I still have a couple of failing tests, though.  Here's the 'make test'
> summary:
>
> Failed Test       Stat Wstat Total Fail  Failed  List of Failed
> t/AttributeList.t  255 65280     8    6  75.00%  6-8
> t/Schema.t           0    11     3    0   0.00%  ??
> 12 subtests skipped.
> Failed 2/35 test scripts, 94.29% okay. 3/35353 subtests failed,
> 99.99% okay.

Good, looks like you've got a working version.

> Here's the verbose output from the failing tests:

Thanks for this, its quite helpful.

> # perl t/AttributeList.t
> Using /usr/local/src/perl/XML-Xerces-2.3.0-1/blib
> 1..8
> ok 1 - module loaded
> ok 2
> ok 3
> ok 4
> <eagle scout>
> <eagle scout>
> ok 5
> No matching function for overloaded 'AttributeList_getValue' at /usr/local/src/perl/XML-Xerces-2.3.0-1/blib/lib/XML/Xerces.pm
line 221.
> # Looks like you planned 8 tests but only ran 5.
> # Looks like your test died just after 5.

Huh. This seems bad. I'm baffled as to how this code is failing on
your install but not on mine. The error message is a SWIG runtime
error telling you that it was trying to decide which of two
identically named methods called getValue() it should invoke one that
takes and integer arg, and the other a string arg - since all perl
values can be stringified it should always work. I'm really confused.

> # perl t/Schema.t
> 1..3
> ok 1 - module loaded
> ok 2
> ok 3
> Segmentation fault

Hmmm.. In all honesty schema support is the not a very well tested
feature of Xerces.pm. If you don't need schemas, this will not affect
you. If you do, then please test them better than I have - and let me
know if anything breaks.

> I'll do a little testing/coding of my own with it next week and I'll let
> you know how that goes.

Please do!

Cheers,
jas.