xerces-p-dev mailing list archives

From ja...@openinformatics.com (Jason E. Stewart)
Subject Re: xerces-P: CVS, Release process and oversight
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2003 16:15:27 GMT
Dirk-Willem van Gulik <dirkx@webweaving.org> writes:

> 		At the very least there should be something
> 		of a peer review and a +1 vote to ensure
> 		that all code which goes into CVS is reviewed
> 		by your peers - and that there is some
> 		sort of a trail of this.

Hi Dirk,

I appreciate the purpose behind the message - however what it lacks is
some specific implementation.

Currently the xerces-p project has one active committer - me.

I would be thrilled and overjoyed if there were more active committers
volunteering there time for the project it would be a great help. But
unfortunately, I have not successfully recruited anyone.

How exactly am I supposed to get a +1 vote on my code submissions if
I'm the only committer?

> So please give this some thought. If needed feel free to ask for
> help - in the most extreme case we have a whole group of people who
> do exactly this in the incubator (helping groups get started)

We're not getting started - we've been an active part of Apache for
three years, we're just a very small part.

jas.