xerces-p-dev mailing list archives

From ja...@openinformatics.com (Jason E. Stewart)
Subject Re: Xerces-Perl make test gives errors
Date Sat, 11 Oct 2003 06:14:48 GMT
Kai Zimmer <zimmer@bbaw.de> writes:

> Hi Jason,
>
> thank you very much for your help. But i am sorry to report...
>
> Jason E. Stewart wrote:
>
> >I'm surprised by this being a Linux box. I received a lot of reports
> >of this problem, but they were all on Mac OS X. The fix there was to
> >make the XMLPlatformUtils::isAnySlash() method non-inline. For some
> >reason being inline was screwing things up.
> >
> >It's in src/xercesc/util/Platforms/Linux/LinuxPlatformUtils.cpp line
> >527.
> >
> >Let me know if this helps and I'll send a bug report to the Xerces-C
> > folks.
>
> no - it didn't work. I removed the word "inline", removed former
> compiled libraries,

Hi Kai,

Perhaps there is some sort of a type mismatch between libxerces.so
(built by Xerces-C) and Xerces.so (built by Xerces-P). Here is what I
have on my system:

$ nm -C ~/build/xerces-c-src_2_3_0/lib/libxerces-c.so|grep -i isanyslash
00217454 W xercesc_2_3::XMLPlatformUtils::isAnySlash(unsigned short)

$ nm -C ~/work/xml-xerces/perl/blib/arch/auto/XML/Xerces/Xerces.so |grep -i isanyslash
         U xercesc_2_3::XMLPlatformUtils::isAnySlash(unsigned short)
00043350 T _wrap_XMLPlatformUtils_isAnySlash

What do you get?

Cheers,
jas.