xerces-p-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Orsatti <orsa...@istar.fr>
Subject Re: Create and writean XML file
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2003 10:43:34 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for your help.
I figure, with all the peaces of code you sent, to do exactly what I
want to do for now.

But I want just let you know a strange behavior that you may want to
have a look at while you are fixing some other problems
if I run the following code:

  my $impl = XML::Xerces::DOMImplementationRegistry::getDOMImplementation('LS');
  my $writer = $impl->createDOMWriter();
  if ($writer->canSetFeature('format-pretty-print',1)) {
    $writer->setFeature('format-pretty-print',1);
  }
  $writer->setEncoding('ISO-8859-1');
  my $target = XML::Xerces::StdOutFormatTarget->new();
  $writer->writeNode($target,$doc);

It work properly and I have for first line:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" standalone="no" ?>

But then if I replace the 2 last lines and that I use instead the
function writeToString:

 my $str = $writer->writeToString($doc);

 print STDERR "$str\n";

then  the first line is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16" standalone="no" ?>

where the eoncoding is not right. I found that pretty strange.
I hope that help you.

Thanks again

Christian

PS: Let me know when your new version is available and I will let me
know my feedbak.