xerces-p-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Orsatti <orsa...@istar.fr>
Subject Building Xercesperl on Tru64 5.1a
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2003 15:59:36 GMT
Hi,

I try and failed building Xerces.pm on Tru64
I had a lot of problems that I solve.
Mainly, it wanted to use cxx (compaq) compiler instead of g++/gcc (I
build Xerces C++ with gcc 3.0.2)
But I succed compiling with gcc.
My problem is now that my library Xerces.so is not correct.

When I type "make test", I have the following message.
Can't find 'boot_XML__Xerces' symbol in
/0/orsatti/XML-Xerces-2.3.0-2/blib/arch/auto/XML/Xerces/Xerces.so

So I made nm on the lib and I saw that this symbol was missing. But in
fact quite all symbols are missing. The lib is very small.

I checked the static libs used to build Xerces.so (tmp.a
blib/arch/auto/Handler/Handler.a).
In tmp.a I found the missing symbol. This lib seems to be correct.

So my problem seens to be to create the dynamic lib from the statics ones
I use,  but this is not correct:
gcc  -o blib/arch/auto/XML/Xerces/Xerces.so  -fPIC  -Wl,-all,-lgcc,-none
-shared  -expect_unresolved -std  -L/usr/local/lib -all tmp.a
blib/arch/auto/Handler/Handler.a  -lpthread -L/usr/packages/lib -lxerces-c

I try there a lot of different options but none works.

Any one has any idea ?

Thanks for your help and to answer also to my private address
orsatti@istar.fr

Christian