xerces-p-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Warner <paulwwar...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Xerces-Perl make test gives errors
Date Sat, 11 Oct 2003 08:35:44 GMT
Hi,

Just my two cents on make and make test errors in
Linux.  I use Redhat 8 and 9, and these errors have
appeared there - don't know about other Linux's.

First, Redhat has unicode, and some c code needs to
use LANG=c, not unicode.  You have to set the LANG
environment variable for make (and maybe in some cases
make test) to work.  I have gotten errors where it
reads a character in a funny way, similar to what you
are reporting.

Second, with Redhat, some things in perl, particularly
things meant to run with Apache, bomb in make test
because I'm running as root.  If that happens, I need
to back up and do the configure, make and make test
stages of the build as a non-root user, then su to
root for the make install.

Paul

--- "Jason E. Stewart" <jason@openinformatics.com>
wrote:
> Kai Zimmer <zimmer@bbaw.de> writes:
>
> > Hi Jason,
> >
> > thank you very much for your help. But i am sorry
> to report...
> >
> > Jason E. Stewart wrote:
> >
> > >I'm surprised by this being a Linux box. I
> received a lot of reports
> > >of this problem, but they were all on Mac OS X.
> The fix there was to
> > >make the XMLPlatformUtils::isAnySlash() method
> non-inline. For some
> > >reason being inline was screwing things up.
> > >
> > >It's in

src/xercesc/util/Platforms/Linux/LinuxPlatformUtils.cpp
> line
> > >527.
> > >
> > >Let me know if this helps and I'll send a bug
> report to the Xerces-C
> > > folks.
> >
> > no - it didn't work. I removed the word "inline",
> removed former
> > compiled libraries,
>
> Hi Kai,
>
> Perhaps there is some sort of a type mismatch
> between libxerces.so
> (built by Xerces-C) and Xerces.so (built by
> Xerces-P). Here is what I
> have on my system:
>
> $ nm -C
> ~/build/xerces-c-src_2_3_0/lib/libxerces-c.so|grep
> -i isanyslash
> 00217454 W
> xercesc_2_3::XMLPlatformUtils::isAnySlash(unsigned
> short)
>
> $ nm -C

~/work/xml-xerces/perl/blib/arch/auto/XML/Xerces/Xerces.so