xerces-p-dev mailing list archives

From "Jason E. Stewart" <ja...@openinformatics.com>
Subject Re: Encoding problem
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2003 03:27:51 GMT
"ddt" <ddt@drac.com> writes:

> A Divendres 28 Març 2003 04:06, Jason E. Stewart va escriure:
> > "ddt" <ddt@drac.com> writes:
> > > I loose every non ascii string I write into the XML Nodes, I have no
> > > clue nor idea to what to do to fix it, I've tried to use the Encode
> > > and utf8 perl modules without the same results, any help would be
> > > really apreciated, thanks.
> >
> > Hmm... Seems like a bug. I'm hoping that the problem is in
> > Xerces-C. They were having some encoding problems in the 2.1 series.
>
> So I should better upgrade to 2.2 series, but there's no PERL interface for
> them, very bad point =:\

You are correct. There were a couple of messages on the list that
indicated building it for 2.2 was really easy - just re-run SWIG using
the existing interface file with the Xerces-C-2.2 codebase.

Sorry, but I have no spare tuits at the moment for this.

> > Can you try this with 2.0?
>
> Same results with  xerces-c-2.0.0 and PERL-Xerces-2.0.0-3

Bummer. Sorry. Looks like 2.2 is your hope.

Cheers,
jas.