xerces-p-dev mailing list archives

From "Jason E. Stewart" <ja...@openinformatics.com>
Subject Re: Problems, Compiling xerces-p 2.0.0-3
Date Sat, 19 Apr 2003 23:48:51 GMT
jshoberg@attbi.com writes:

> System:
> Redhat 9.0, Perl 5.8, GCC 3.2.2
>
> I tried following the instructions at:
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xerces-p-dev&m=105032344330047&w=2
>
> Apparently xerces-c 2.0.0 installed fine.  Is there any way verify this?  Some
> of the archived post made mention of gmake not completing the install. Any tips
> or tricks involved here?
>
> perl Makefile.PL workes no problem
> when I go to make xerces-p I get an error ...
>
> I am trying to use xerces-c 2.0.0 and xerces-p 2.0.0-3
>
> In file included from PerlContentCallbackHandler.hpp:4,
>                  from PerlContentCallbackHandler.cpp:2:
> PerlCallbackHandler.hpp:51:8: warning: extra tokens at end of #endif
> directive
> In file included from PerlContentCallbackHandler.cpp:2:
> PerlContentCallbackHandler.hpp:10: base class `ContentHandler' has
> incomplete type
> PerlContentCallbackHandler.hpp:24: parse error before `&'
> PerlContentCallbackHandler.hpp:37: parse error before `*'
> PerlContentCallbackHandler.cpp:37: parse error before `&'
> PerlContentCallbackHandler.cpp: In method `void
> PerlContentCallbackHandler::startElement (...)':
> PerlContentCallbackHandler.cpp:51: `XMLString' undeclared (first use
> this function)

This is the same error reported by other RedHat users. Following the
advice in the email has worked before, I'm not sure what happened to
you. I don't manage any RedHat machines so it's not easy for me to
help (although there are some at SourceForge I could test on I
guess).

If you want to test your install of Xerces-C cd into the samples/
directory and do a runConfigure there and then make. Try out one of
the programs like DOMCount to see if it can find the library.

Cheers,
jas.

PS. Or switch to debian and run 'apt-get install libxerces21'