xerces-p-dev mailing list archives

From Davenport Todd S GS-12 96 CG/SCTOA <Todd.Davenp...@eglin.af.mil>
Subject RE: Can,t install XML::Xerces
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2003 12:29:02 GMT
This is the exact error message that I got when I first tried to install
Xerces-P on Red Hat 7.x and 8.

>From what I researched, there are two "simple" solutions.  One is to use
SWIG instead of the Makefiles.  If you know how to use SWIG, great, this is
a piece of cake since the configuration files you need already exist.

However, if you're like me, you've never used SWIG before.  The kludge-, er,
I mean solution I came up with is the following.  Note that version numbers
are VERY important.

Install xerces-c

1. gunzip xerces-c-src2_0_0.tar.gz

2. tar xf xerces-c-src2_0_0.tar

3. cd xerces-c-src2_0_0 ; export XERCESCROOT=`pwd`

4. cd to src/xercesc

5. autoconf

6. ./runConfigure -plinux -cgcc -xg++ -minmem -nsocket -tnative -rpthread

7. gmake

8. gmake install

9. Installs libxerces-c.so.20.0 to /usr/local/lib.  You must cd to this dir
and
   ln -s libxerces-c.so.20.0 libxerces-c.so
   ln -s libxerces-c.so.20.0 libxerces-c.so.20

Install xerces-p

1. gunzip XML-Xerces-2.0.0-3.tar.gz

2. tar xf XML-Xerces-2.0.0-3.tar

3. export XERCES_LIB=/usr/local/lib

4. export XERCES_INCLUDE=/usr/local/include/xercesc

5. perl Makefile.PL

6. make

7. make install

Test your install with:

perl -e 'use XML::Xerces;'
perl -e 'use XML::Xerces; $x=XML::Xerces::XercesDOMParser->new()'

Hope this helps.

~tsd

Todd S. Davenport
96 CG/SCTOA