xerces-p-dev mailing list archives

From ja...@openinformatics.com (Jason E. Stewart)
Subject Re: How to reset a parser after errors encountered?
Date Fri, 10 May 2002 03:17:29 GMT
"ted sandler" <tedsandler@rcn.com> writes:

> Likewise, should one create a new parser for each and every
> document?  One could imagine the parser's internal state getting
> severly confused by "good" documents as well.

I do. But I don't have all that many programs that burn through large
amounts of documents. Usually I'm parsing small numbers of very large
documents.

The way I set it up to deal with large numbers of documents was to
trap the errors, and only create a new parser on an error, because
apparently the internal state is fine unless there's an exception.

jas.