xerces-p-dev mailing list archives

From ja...@openinformatics.com (Jason E. Stewart)
Subject Re: How to reset a parser after errors encountered?
Date Thu, 09 May 2002 05:28:37 GMT
"ted sandler" <tedsandler@rcn.com> writes:

> Xerces has been working great for me except for this one problem:
>
> I am parsing a bunch of documents, and everything works okay until I hit a
> bad one.  At this point, my program puts the bad document aside and attempts
> to move onto the next document.  However, the parser keeps choking with the
> following error:
>
>   Error in `../data/a_and_c.xml':
>   Parse may not be called while parsing
>
> How does one reset the parser & its handlers so that the program can
> continue processing documents?  I've tried calling &resetErrors but this
> doesn't work.

I never figured out a very satisfying way to do this. Basically the
problem is that the parsers internal state gets severely confused, and
cannot be reset.

The only way I figured out was simply to create a new parser and use
it instead. Like I said, not very satisfying, but it was the only
method I could find.

jas.