xerces-p-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Grabenstein <michael.grabenst...@isinet.com>
Subject Re: xerces-perl
Date Wed, 08 May 2002 19:11:56 GMT
	To use the Xerces lib, unless you copy it to /usr/lib in order to
use it you must set LD_LIBRARY_PATH. So the next question is how much
are you going to use it ? If not that frequently and you don't mind
setting it every time then just set it in the shell.

	If you plan to use this library (Xerces) a lot and do not want to
have to remember to set it every time then you will probably want to set
it in your shell's startup script (.profile for sh/ksh, .bash_profile
for bsh, .cshrc for csh, etc...)

	How to set it depends on what shell you are running (echo
$SHELL)... For ksh:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/path/to/Xerces

	The above appends the path to Xerces to the end of your
LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Later,
	Michael Grabenstein
	RIS, Philadelphia PA