xerces-p-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Grabenstein <michael.grabenst...@isinet.com>
Subject DynaLoader problem...
Date Mon, 06 May 2002 23:20:18 GMT
    OK, now I am onto another interesting problem. :-)

    I am my stuff installed in non-standard places and have my
LD_LIBRARY_PATH set to make up for the differences.

    On the command line my script runs fine, but it won't run under the
web server.

    The web server is running as me so this is not a permission problem
(development box so don't care about user id yet).

    Apache is running just normal CGI (not mod_perl).

    It seems to load Xerces.so, but it relies on my libstdc++.so.3 that
is installed in  a lib directory under my home directory. (of which
LD_LIBRARY_PATH is pointing to.) I built perl with that library in
$Config{'libpth'}...

    But this is what I get:
Can't load
'~/enWeb//lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/sun4-solaris/auto/XML/Xerces/Xerces.so'
for module XML::Xerces: ld.so.1: ~/bin/perl: fatal: libstdc++.so.3: open
failed: No such file or directory at
~/enWeb//lib/perl5/5.6.1/sun4-solaris/DynaLoader.pm line 206.

    And libxerces-c.so is also in the same lib directory ~/enWeb/lib...

    I am going to try rebuilding Perl with out the double slashes in the
paths... But the dl_library_path of DynaLoader did not have them...

    Any other ideas ?

Thanks,
    Mike