xerces-p-dev mailing list archives

From "Harmon S. Nine" <hn...@ns1.netarx.com>
Subject Curiosity
Date Mon, 17 Apr 2000 19:37:54 GMT

The following message just appeared on the xerces-c-dev mailing list.
The thing that is curious about it is that the two functions mentioned
(towupper and iswspce) gave me great difficulty when I was getting
xerces-perl together.  That is, from a perl program, whenever I called a
routine in xerces which used either of these functions, my perl program
seg-faulted.  I could not find the reason for this, and I don't know if
the problem persists now (it was encountered a few months ago).  The only
way I could fix it was to mung-in my own versions of these functions into
the xerces-C source code.

Has anyone else had a problem with these functions, or does anyone know
why they were a problem during xerces-perl development?

TIA

-- Harmon

Dr. Harmon S. Nine
Netarx, Inc.