xerces-j-users mailing list archives

From Dave Brosius <dbros...@mebigfatguy.com>
Subject Re: RuntimeException problem in xerces.AbstractXMLParser impl
Date Sat, 04 Dec 2010 20:11:11 GMT
On 12/04/2010 01:55 PM, vardja wrote:
> Hello forum,
> I extend AbstractXMLParser and override startElement method , wher I throw
> custom RuntimeException, and whant to handle it in other class ,but
> AbstractXMLParser defines ErrorHandler and somehow deals or wraps Exception
> objects thrown in method .I'm new to xerces and still can't figure out how
> to deal with it.Pleas any suggestion is very helpful .
> Thanks in advance.

Is there a need to extend AbstractXMLParser ?

Typically you don't need your own parser, you just provide the standard
parser with your own implementation of ContentHandler with and implement
that classes startElement.

There is a default implementation of ContentHandler called
DefaultHandler that you can extend to make things easier.

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-tiphandl.html