xerces-j-users mailing list archives

From "David Kit" <david...@bigpond.net.au>
Subject Loading XercesImpl.jar into lib folder of Tomcat causes indefinite loading of pages within server
Date Wed, 12 Aug 2009 02:38:00 GMT
Hi there!

I was doing some textbook examples and realised that when I put the
XercesImpl.jar into the lib folder of Tomcat 6, loading
http://localhost:8080/ (and any page within) causes issues.

Things loaded on server (in this order):

1.	Java JDK-6 Update 16 (Includes JRE6)
2.	Tomcat 6.0.20
3.	mySQL 5.1.37
4.	mysql-connector-java-5.1.8
5.	Jakarta Taglibs-standard-1.1.2
6.	Xalan-j (which includes the XercesImpl.jar) and 3 other Jars
(Xalan.jar, xml-apis.jar and serializer.jar)

The latter add to the system all other jars will happily reside in the lib
folder and the page will load. As soon as XercesImpl.jar is placed in there
(of course, restarting Tomcat) results in not being able to load even the
home page in the server (and any other pages).

I use Windows XPP - cleanly installed for the purpose for installing these
on the server.

Can someone advise where I might have gone wrong - and where I can download
a log of the information required for diagnosis?

Yours Sincerely,

Dave