xerces-j-users mailing list archives

From denit thomas <denit_tho...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject IE does not comprehend default namespace in XML
Date Wed, 26 Aug 2009 07:16:51 GMT
Hi All,
I am using an XSLT to parse an XML to produce a text file. The issue is that if I use the
Internet Explorer to open this xml, it does not render anything except the hardcoded text
that I have in the XSLT, when I have the xmlns="www.ncr.com/ocz" attribute in the root node
of the xml. As soon as I remove this attibute, it works fine and the xslt gets applied. I
need to keep this attribute in the xml as I have an XSD for this xml and thus need this default
namespace in xml.

So for developing/writing the xml, I need to keep the xmlns attribute in the xml, while trying
to render it using an xslt (defined in xml as <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="PIDRepresentation.xslt"?>),
I have to remove it from the xml.

Can anyone suggest what I am missing here and how to make IE render the xml even with the
presence of xmlns attribute?

Here is the piece from the XML.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="PIDRepresentation.xslt"?>
<model xmlns="www.ncr.com/ocz"
    xsi:schemaLocation="www.ncr.com/ocz PIDSchema.xsd"
    name="SAHI-EasyPoint 3XXX Series (5020 UEPP Upgrade)"
    createMode="both" notes="">

///// all other child tags

</model>

I am using IE 6.0