xerces-j-users mailing list archives

From Mark Brucks <bru...@charter.net>
Subject XSModel - namespaces for imported schema
Date Wed, 26 Aug 2009 21:50:36 GMT
I'm parsing a schema and traversing the resultant XSModel instance.
I'm having problems getting the correct content types and namespace
information for elements whose types are declared in an imported schema.

I have two schemata, the first imports the second.  A relevant snippet
of the first is:

<xs:schema targetNamespace="http://www.grs.com/MissionSchema"
            xmlns:mis ="http://www.grs.com/MissionSchema"
            xmlns:wp ="http://www.grs.com/WayptSchema"
            xmlns:xs ="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
            elementFormDefault ="qualified"
            attributeFormDefault ="unqualified">

   <xs:import namespace="http://www.grs.com/WayptSchema"/>

   <xs:element name="mission">
     <xs:complexType>
       <xs:sequence>
         <xs:element name="waypt_defs">
           <xs:complexType>
             <xs:sequence>
               <xs:element name="waypt" type="wp:WayptType"
maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
             </xs:sequence>
           </xs:complexType>
         </xs:element>

and a relevant snippet of the second is:

<xs:schema targetNamespace="http://www.grs.com/WayptSchema"
            xmlns:wp ="http://www.grs.com/WayptSchema"
            xmlns:xs ="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
            elementFormDefault ="qualified"
            attributeFormDefault ="unqualified">

   <xs:complexType name="WayptType">
     <xs:sequence>
       <xs:element name="location">
         <xs:complexType>
           <xs:attribute name="lat" type="xs:double"/>
           <xs:attribute name="lon" type="xs:double"/>

After I parse the first schema I traverse the XSModel.  When I reach
the XSElementDeclaration for the element “waypt”, I get a content type
I don't understand.  The XSTypeDefinition is XSComplexTypeDefinition,
which is good.  However, the content type is CONTENTTYPE_MIXED, the
name is “anyType” and the namespace is http://www.w3.org/2001/
XMLSchema.  It would seem that it isn't recognizing the imported
schema. I printed out the schema namespaces (returned from
XSModel.getNamespaces()), and sure enough, the waypt schema isn't
printed.

I'm missing something fundamental here - what is it?

Thanks - Mark