xerces-j-users mailing list archives

From R Subram <subr...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Equivalent of DOMWriterImpl in Xerces2.7
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2007 17:46:54 GMT

Thanks for your response.

I'm not being rude here. Why did it work when I was using DOMWriterImpl and not in LSSerializer?

Subject: Re: Equivalent of DOMWriterImpl in Xerces2.7To: j-users@xerces.apache.orgFrom: keshlam@us.ibm.comDate:
Fri, 10 Aug 2007 13:28:15 -0400
As far as XML is concerned, there is absolutely no semantic difference between a character
and its Numeric Character Reference form. XML parsers generally discard this distinction;
XML serializers generally write out the character unless the encoding can't represent it (forcing
the numeric form).If your application cares about this difference, fix your app.______________________________________"...
Three things see no end: A loop with exit code done wrong,A semaphore untested, And the change
that comes along. ..."-- "Threes" Rev 1.1 - Duane Elms / Leslie Fish (http://www.ovff.org/pegasus/songs/threes-rev-11.html)
Recharge--play some free games. Win cool prizes too!
http://club.live.com/home.aspx?icid=CLUB_wlmailtextlink