xerces-j-users mailing list archives

From Michael Glavassevich <mrgla...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: XSElementDeclaration.getAbstract()
Date Sun, 25 Jun 2006 18:24:56 GMT
Hello Alan,

Xerces 2.8.1 doesn't exist (yet). Are you sure you don't mean Xerces 2.6.1
or 2.7.1? We've fixed many bugs since both of those releases.

With the latest code in SVN, getAbstract() returns true for the
(para.class and list.class) element decls you mentioned from the docbook
schema [1]. If there was a bug in this area it looks like it was fixed.

Thanks.

[1] http://www.docbook.org/xsd/4.4/docbook.xsd

"Alan Ezust" <alan.ezust@gmail.com> wrote on 06/25/2006 12:43:02 PM:

> I'm patching jedit's XML plugin, which uses xerces/j 2.8.1. I want to
> parse a docbook 4.4 xsd document with xerces. It seems to work ok,
> with th exception of the value of getAbstract(), which seems to return
> false for elements such as para.class and list.class, which are
> definitely abstract classes. Xerces 2.8.1.
>
> I'm a bit new to xerces programming, can someone else confirm this bug?

Michael Glavassevich
XML Parser Development
IBM Toronto Lab
E-mail: mrglavas@ca.ibm.com