xerces-j-users mailing list archives

From Benjamin Pasero <benjamin.pas...@web.de>
Subject Problems compiling Xerces 2.7.1 from source
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2005 20:57:46 GMT
Hi,

I wanted to compile a smaller version of Xerces using the given
"dtdjars" target
from the build.xml

After downloading Xerces-J-src.2.7.1 and extracting the Tools package into
that directory, I gave it a try and called "build.bat dtdjars".

It began with:

"Building with ant classpath
C:\j2sdk1.4.2_04\lib\tools.jar;C:\j2sdk1.4.2_04\lib\
classes.zip;.\tools\ant.jar;.\tools\xercesImpl.jar;.\tools\xml-apis.jar;.\tools\
bin\xjavac.jar
Starting Ant..."

The result is 28 errors, most of them being "cannot resolve symbol".

For example:

[javac] symbol  : method setProperty
(java.lang.String,org.apache.xerces.util.SecurityManager)
[javac] location: class org.apache.xerces.parsers.SecurityConfiguration
[javac]         setProperty(SECURITY_MANAGER_PROPERTY, new SecurityManager()

Even after importing the source into Eclipse, I am seeing a lot of
errors in the src.

I must be doing something wrong, and I don't know what. Btw, I looked
into the build.bat and
found that it wants to add a "classes.zip" to the class path. I searched
my JDK and did not
find any classes.zip in there.

Thanks for helping,
Ben