xerces-j-users mailing list archives

From Paul Ekeland <ekel...@maths.fr>
Subject Re: going crazy with this: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Content is not allowed in prolog
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2005 08:13:24 GMT
Hi,

my problem is that I cannot see any whitespace/strange characters before
the root element of the document. I have used several different
hexadecimal editors to check that, with no success! Do you have a
different way to find out of the existence of such things?

Joseph Kesselman wrote:

>Check the XML spec for the definition of "prolog" -- I believe this message
>means you have something not permitted (eg non-whitespace text) before the
>root element of the document.

    *Paul Ekeland*
    http://www.credm.com
    tél: +33 1 44 41 64 93