xerces-j-users mailing list archives

From Paul Ekeland <ekel...@maths.fr>
Subject going crazy with this: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Content is not allowed in prolog
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2005 12:55:29 GMT
Hi everyone,

I've been with this error for quite some time now and don't quite seem
to figure it out. Here is the deal:

   * I am trying to parse XML file encoded in iso-8859-1
   * I am using Xerces 2.6 to do it
   * and I get the following error for each of the file I am trying to
     parse: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Content is not allowed in prolog

I checked around to see how to solve it. So I looked with a hexadecimal
editor to see if there were any bogus character at the beginning of the
file, I made sure all of the XML, XSL and the methods to open the files
use ISO-8859-1 encoding, everything with a negative result.
If anyone has any idea or hint on how to solve this, I would greatly
appreciate!
Thanks in advance,

Paul