xerces-j-users mailing list archives

From Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>
Subject Re: Problem reading newline characters and rewriting them
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2005 21:30:50 GMT
Antonio Ruiz Martínez wrote:

>Hello!
>
>Thanks for your answer.
>The problem is that I need to preserve the newlines because part of the
>document is signed, and if the parser transforms the newlines, then the
>signature is not valid because I'm not using xml signature, I'm using CMS
>signature.
>
>Is there any way to preserve them?

Antonio,

you would need to intercept input stream before parser reads it and
extract your XML from it or use a parser that allows lower level access
to XML verbatim string content (for example XPP3/XmlPull)

>Please, could you help me?

i think the better solution is to not require anything above what is in
XML spec. there is another way to make this work with any XML parser:
we have used BASE64 to encode part of XML that is signed (replacing
signed XML with BASE64 encoded string representation of XML) - that
protects it during transport - and when message is received we decode
BASE64, verify signature, and inject XML decoded from BASE64 back into
XML stream.

HTH,

alek