xerces-j-users mailing list archives

From Tech Rams <techmail...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Question about SAX & Xerces
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2005 02:30:14 GMT
JDK 1.5 has xerces built-in, though under a different
package name (com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal).

Look at
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/javax/xml/parsers/SAXParserFactory.html#newInstance()
to know how factory implementation is found. The
default implementation is the one that comes with JDK
1.5, that is xerces.

-----Original Message-----
From: Brecht Rijmaekers
[mailto:brecht.rijmaekers@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, July 30, 2005 1:42 PM
To: j-users@xerces.apache.org
Subject: Question about SAX & Xerces

Hello all,

I'm aware this is probably a stupid question, but I
really couldn't
find an answer in the documentation and the archive of
this
mailinglist. I'm fairly new to XML and Xerces, so
excuse me for my
stupidity :)

How does the Java Runtime Environment know that he has
to use the
Xerces implementation in the example given on
http://xml.apache.org/xerces2-j/faq-sax.html? I tried
that example (I
implemented my own handler, derived from
DefaultHandler), which worked
perfect, however I did *not* add the xerces library to
my classpath.
Is xerces already distributed in the standard JDK 1.5
library? If you
look at the imports above, the xerces package is never
imported, so I
assume the classes are created dynamically.

Thanks a lot. Kind regards,

--
Brecht

For additional commands, e-mail: