xerces-j-users mailing list archives

From "Lemmin, Harald" <Harald.Lem...@softwareag.com>
Subject RE: Xerces 2.3.0 and *apis.jar
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2003 14:53:35 GMT
Thank you Michael,

ok, xmlParserAPIs.jar has been extended by unsupported interfaces, no
problem.

If no one from the Xerces-J team responds, I have to guess that xml-apis.jar
was distributed with Xerces by error and is of no use for Xerces or for
Xerces together with Xalan at all.

Kind regards,
Harald

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael R MR Glavassevich [mailto:mrglavas@ecemail.uwaterloo.ca]
Sent: Donnerstag, 6. Februar 2003 18:35
To: xerces-j-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: Xerces 2.3.0 and *apis.jar

To answer your questions,

org.w3c.dom.views, org.w3c.dom.stylesheets, and org.w3c.dom.css are part
of DOM Level 2. As far as I know, there is no support for these interfaces
in Xerces.

javax.xml.transform.* provide an API for XML Transformation, though you
probably know that since you use Xalan as well.

My guess as to why these packages are included with the distribution is
that the XML parser APIs distributed with Xerces are now built from
xml-commons, instead of the APIs checked in CVS with Xerces.

Both xmlParserAPIs.jar and xml-apis.jar seem to be just different names
for the same package, where one of the names (probably
xmlParserAPIs.jar) has been deprecated. I think the change was made in
order to apply a standard naming convention for this package across the
XML Apache projects.

I hope this helps.