From: Swanson, Brion [mailto:Brion.Swanson@westgroup.com]
Sent:
Friday, November 08, 2002 5:48 AM
To: 'xerces-j-user@xml.apache.org'
Subject: RE: Validating against a DTD

Hi Henry,

The way I've handled this in the past is to peek at the incoming stream before the parser ever gets a look at it, and insert a DOCTYPE element in the front of the stream.  Note: this may require removing or saving the XML processing instruction and/or any comments that appear before the document element if those items are important to you.

Cheers!

Brion