xerces-j-users mailing list archives

From ne...@ca.ibm.com
Subject Re: XMLGrammarBuilder bug?
Date Wed, 13 Nov 2002 15:09:33 GMT
Hi Henry,

Sandy and I talked about this, and we can't figure out why it appeared to
work last week; nothing's changed in the code and this seems to be the
behaviour it always exhibited...

All that to say:  yeah, it'd be a neat idea to validate sans presence of a
DOCTYPE line; but evidently it's something we'll have to put in the
future-development queue.

That said, if you were to develop a patch that makes this work, I for one
would love to review it and quite likely commit it for you.  :)

Cheers,
Neil
Neil Graham
XML Parser Development
IBM Toronto Lab
Phone:  905-413-3519, T/L 969-3519
E-mail:  neilg@ca.ibm.com

|         |           "Henry Chan"     |
|         |           <hchan@datawave.c|
|         |           a>               |
|         |           11/12/2002 03:39 |
|         |           xerces-j-user    |

  |       To:       <xerces-j-user@xml.apache.org>
                                                            |
  |       cc:
                                                      |
  |       Subject:  XMLGrammarBuilder bug?

Hi,

I was just testing the XMLGrammarBuilder in the samples/xni directory.

After running it, I got:
C:\xerces-2_2_0\samples>java xni.XMLGrammarBuilder -d
c:\xerces-2_2_0\data\personal.dtd -i c:\xerces-2_2_0\data\personal.xml
[Error] personal.xml:5:12: cvc-elt.1: Cannot find the declaration of
element 'personnel'.

Note that I modified personal.xml so that the DOCTYPE is commented out:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!--
<!DOCTYPE personnel SYSTEM "personal.dtd">
-->
<personnel>
</personnel>

Any ideas?