xerces-j-users mailing list archives

From Bob Schloss <rschl...@us.ibm.com>
Subject RE: XMLSchema for XMLSchema validation
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2002 19:31:58 GMT

Alex,

      If you just want to use org.eclipse.xsd, you don't have to compile
it.
Just download http://download.eclipse.org/tools/downloads/xsd/xsd_1.0.0
_20020911_0858TL.zip
which is 2.8M and you will find the JAR files there.

                  Thanks,
                  Bob

                      "Alex

                      Chatziparaskewas"        To:       <xerces-j-user@xml.apache.org>

                      <chatzi@m64.com>         cc:

                                               Subject:  RE: XMLSchema for XMLSchema validation

                      11/04/2002 06:24

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      xerces-j-user

Hi Bob

I understand, but then, as the XML Schema normative lives in the
"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" namespace, should it not confirm to
itself? Any errors while validating the XML Schema normative would either
denote inconsistencies in the schema or errors in the parser.

Anyway, I am actually not interested 'in validating' the XML Schema, I am
just interested to parse it in order to get a representation of it. In
order
to parse it I create a xerces SchemaGrammar object, so I need to 'validate'
it ...

BTW, I had a look at the eclipse xsd project ... Does not look too bad and
as far as I can see the model used is quite intuitive, at least much more
than the xerses stuff. But, to download eclipse (50MB!) in order to just
compile it seems a little bit like overkill to me as I am just interested
in
a library which I may need to bundle with additional software anyway. But I
promise to give it a try whenever I have time to watch my download window
for a couple of hours.

Regards
Alex