xerces-j-users mailing list archives

From Corbett.Klem...@trilogy.com
Subject compatibility / difference between xml-api.jar and xmlParserAPIs.jar
Date Tue, 05 Nov 2002 21:29:23 GMT
Forwarding for a friend who seems to have issues getting stuff out onto
the list...

----------

Hello -

I just downloaded the latest release of Xalan (v2.4.1) and Xerces (2.2.0)
- however, I'm a bit confused.

Both distributions include the xml apis, however there are some subtle
differences between the two - for one, the jarfile itself is named
differently.

Here is a report from BeyondCompare on the differences between the two
jars:

Note that there are orphans (i.e. files which exist in only one jar) in
both jars.

The reason I am trying to resolve this discrepancy is that we are going to
have both Xerces and Xalan in our classpath, so I need to know which
version of the xml apis to use, and why there is such a discrepancy
between these two releases (as I understood it, Xalan 2.4.1 explicitly
supported Xerces 2.2.0).

thanks,
Karl Brown (karl.brown@trilogy.com)