xerces-j-users mailing list archives

From sandy...@ca.ibm.com
Subject RE: Validating against a DTD
Date Fri, 08 Nov 2002 18:35:34 GMT
You can preparse the DTD and save it in a grammar pool, then set this pool
onto the parser. For more details, please refer to this FAQ page:
http://xml.apache.org/xerces2-j/faq-grammars.html

Cheers,
Sandy Gao
Software Developer, IBM Canada
(1-905) 413-3255
sandygao@ca.ibm.com

                      "Henry Chan"

                      <hchan@datawave.c        To:       <xerces-j-user@xml.apache.org>

                      a>                       cc:

                                               Subject:  RE: Validating against a DTD

                      11/08/2002 01:28

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      xerces-j-user

Thanks for the suggestion Brion.

This suggestion will work, but I don't really want to "modify" the original
XML stream
Just kinda surprised that there's no API in xerces to specify a DTD that I
want to validate against

thx,
Henry