xerces-j-users mailing list archives

From ne...@ca.ibm.com
Subject Re: problem with dom3 and jdk1.4
Date Thu, 14 Nov 2002 15:05:27 GMT
Hi Romain,

Two quick points:

1. The endorsed standards override mechanism lets you use environment
variables if you don't want to modify the JDK installation.  This should be
relatively portable and painless, especially since only the environment of
the user needing to use the modified process need be affected (not the
entire installation).

2.  You might want to keep in mind the the DOM AS stuff is deprecated in
Xerces and may go away eventually.

Cheers,
Neil
Neil Graham
XML Parser Development
IBM Toronto Lab
Phone:  905-413-3519, T/L 969-3519
E-mail:  neilg@ca.ibm.com

|         |           "Romain          |
|         |           Menetrier"       |
|         |           <romain@artsum.fr|
|         |           >                |
|         |           11/14/2002 08:15 |
|         |           xerces-j-user    |

  |       To:       <xerces-j-user@xml.apache.org>
                                                            |
  |       cc:
                                                      |
  |       Subject:  Re: problem with dom3 and jdk1.4

Gregor,

Thanks for the link. I've already seen the "endorsed" way but I just want
know if it's possible to do this in an other way (I mean without add jar
files in all client computers) : maybe get the method needed  by the way of
casting to an other implementation made by xerces developpers to avoid this
problem and don't have to change jvm on client computers.
It's a software for customers of my company and it's difficult to say to
them : "just patch your jvm!".

If someone has a trick, please let me know.

Regards,

Romain.