xerces-j-users mailing list archives

From "Alex Chatziparaskewas" <cha...@m64.com>
Subject XMLSchema for XMLSchema validation
Date Sun, 03 Nov 2002 01:03:05 GMT
Hi there

I am trying to validate a XMLSchema for XMLSchema against itself using
xerces 2.2.0. But so far I have not been successful. I tried the 'current'
one from the w3c website first and ended up with errors like to following

[Error] datatypes.xsd:80:45: st-props-correct.4.1: The type definition is
not a valid restriction with repect to the base type 'xs:anySimpleType'.
[Error] datatypes.xsd:80:45: cos-applicable-facets: Facet 'whiteSpace' is
not allowed by this type.
[

I tried another one but it failed as well. Of course I have found the errata
section to the 'current' XMLSchema normative and I have to confess that I am
far too lazy to fix everything by myself (success not guaranteed as well
...).

But, of course I can not be the first one who tried this task. There must be
a valid 'schema' flying around. But where is it?

Regards
Alex