xerces-j-users mailing list archives

From Elena Litani <elit...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: DOM 3 normalizeDocument behaviour
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2002 02:17:34 GMT
Gregor Karlinger wrote:
> Unexpectedly, invoking the method getElementById("iDValue")
> on the normalized Document got a null instead of the "Payload"
> element.
>
> Is this normal behaviour, or have I made a mistake?

The DOM L3 draft does not define what happens to IDs after
normalizeDocument() is called, so described behavior is not a bug.

However, in the upcoming DOM draft it should be clarified how the
getElementById works (after normalizeDocument() is called), and we will
update Xerces implementation of the normalizeDocument accordingly.

Thank you,
--
Elena Litani / IBM Toronto