xerces-j-users mailing list archives

From "Henry Chan" <hc...@datawave.ca>
Subject RE: Validating against a DTD
Date Fri, 08 Nov 2002 18:28:27 GMT
Thanks for the suggestion Brion.

This suggestion will work, but I don't really want to "modify" the
original XML stream

Just kinda surprised that there's no API in xerces to specify a DTD that
I want to validate against

thx,

Henry

-----Original Message-----
From: Swanson, Brion [mailto:Brion.Swanson@westgroup.com]
Sent: Friday, November 08, 2002 5:48 AM
To: 'xerces-j-user@xml.apache.org'
Subject: RE: Validating against a DTD

Hi Henry,

The way I've handled this in the past is to peek at the incoming stream
before the parser ever gets a look at it, and insert a DOCTYPE element
in the front of the stream.  Note: this may require removing or saving
the XML processing instruction and/or any comments that appear before
the document element if those items are important to you.

Cheers!

Brion